Friday, December 11, 2009

Wedding day makeup help!?

I am freaking out a bit. I have my wedding coming in 2 weeks and I have no clue what make up to use. I HAVE to wear make up to cover a few acne scars and I am sure I will have stress breakout. But my skin gets super oily! I don't want to be able to see the photographer on my cheeks in my wedding pictures. I am so afriad I will be shining brighter than the north star. Can anyone please tell me what I can use to keep the oil down if only for this one day.


By the way all the make up that I already use is completely oil free, and I do use a alcohol based toner to reduce oil. PLEASE I want to look half decent just this one day!Wedding day makeup help!?
Definitely keep blotting papers or something like Clean %26amp; Clear Oil Absorbing papers handy. These will help absorb oil without disturbing your makeup.





I have combination/oily skin, and I recently started using Clinique Pore Minimizer on my t-zone (which is where I usually get suuuuuper oily) as a primer before I put on my regular makeup and it works REALLY well. You only need a little bit, which is why it comes in such a tiny bottle, and it works all day long. It's $19 at Sephora, or I'm sure you can find it at any Clinique counter.





As far as makeup, you can't go wrong with coastalscents.com's 28 neutral eyeshadow palette. There are TONS of super high pigmented colors (and some really easy gorgeous tutorials on youtube that use it) and a lot of the reviewers say that they use it all the time for bridal work.


Here's a link to the palette itself:


http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/鈥?/a>


and here's a link to one of my favorite youtube tutorials:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF7ckfxIn鈥?/a>





While you're at coastal scents, if you're looking for ways to absorb oil, I strongly reccomend the Silica Powder Spheres. It's the same exact thing as Make Up Forever HD Microfinishing powder, which runs for $30 for a .35 ounces. I think the kabuki brush they sell with the HD powder is another $30.


At coastal scents, you can get one ounce of their powder for FOUR BUCKS. You'll have to buy a sifter jar (85 cents) and i also recommend the synthetic buffer brush ($15) to apply it but even still... You'll use this stuff every day, and it'll last you a VERY long time. You buff it on over your makeup, and it will help set everything while it absorbs oils from your skin. I was a little bit skeptical at first, but I swear by this stuff now. I came home from work on my lunch break the first day, thinking that I'd have to touch it up, but no. It worked all day long. With this stuff and the Clinique stuff, I don't think I had to blot at all. And I usually have to blot at least twice a day.


Here's a link to the powder:


http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/鈥?/a>


a link to the brush:


http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/鈥?/a>





If you do decide to order from coastal scents, pay the extra money and get the fastest shipping you can afford. It's so worth it. Plus you'll have a little bit of extra time to play with your makeup before your big day! I know you'll be a gorgeous bride. :)





Good luck, and Congratulations!Wedding day makeup help!?
Hi! Congratulations on your wedding, obviously someone thinks your more than half decent, because your getting married!! Okay, so I recommend, the following routine:


http://www.strawberrynet.com/productDeta鈥?/a> use these pads for reducing oil, and then sweep light gold eyeshadow across your lids. Then, cover your acne scars with cover up (yellow based, NOT pink) and then finish it up with pressed powder. Then, coat your eyelashes in brown mascara twice, letting it dry between coats. use a shimmery pink lip gloss...and have a great time!
Congrats On your Big Day!!!!





Dinair Airbrush Makeup!!!! Why?





For one They have a Water-proof Foundation Yes Foundation That is water proof %26amp; smudge Free!!! I Use it alot because it covers all my blemishes %26amp; dries Matte While still looking natural Plus it wont rub off on any clothes!!! You can look so natural Or dramatic but either way that Makeup is staying put oily skin %26amp; all! Good Luck I would give more suggestions but This brand is the only one I know that has Water proof foundation!!!





www.airbrushmakeup.com
use the concealer and get an oil free astringent to stop pre-breakouts


(I'd advise Loreals or Oxy (worked for me)


http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I鈥?/a>





makeup wise use a light pink or peach gloss





light on the mascara but still use some





and a lighter tone of the color that makes ur eyes pop for shadow and liner (but the liners unnecessary)
use conceler and foundation. try using a powder.
use the face wipes that get rid of oil which you can get from walmart, and try not to touch your face at all! Oh, and definately use something more than just mascara, as these other people are saying. It's your WEDDING DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration