Friday, December 11, 2009

Need wedding makeup help!?

I'm a bridesmaid and on too tight a budget to hire a pro to do my makeup. I need to make it stay on, for one, and need to make it photograph well also. I'm getting my hair done at 10am and the wedding isn't til 4. (I could kill her) I have a history of my makeup wearing off by the end of the day but I can't necessarily cart around my makeup bag all day. I am blonde, green eyes, in a dark red dress with champagne colored sash.





Should I go with green eye makeup, brown eyemakep, or just red lips and just eyeliner? Blush?





Lol I don't wear much makeup normally, if you can't tell. Just eyeliner and mascara. I have a tendency to look squinty eyed in photos. Help!





:)Need wedding makeup help!?
For face:





Before you put foundation, make sure to apply face primer to make your makeup lasts longer. Then, you want to use foundation that could lasts throughout the day and give you matte finish. I suggest MAC studio fix fluid foundation, Make Up Forever HD Foundation, or if you're on budget, Revlon ColorStay Foundation. Use concealer (if needed), then set with loose powder. For blush, you can wear peachy blush (MAC springsheen or Milani Luminous) or Rosey color blush. Add highlighter on your cheekbones (MAC Vanilla pigment or NYX Mosaic Powder).





For eyes:





first of all, don't forget to prime your eyes with eyeshadow primer (urban decay primer potion, too faced shadow insurance or l'oreal decreased)





for eyeshadow, you can use pink/peachy eyeshadow (MAC All that glitters or MAC Naked Lunch or NYX Aloha) all over your lid, then apply light brown color to contour your crease (MAC Cork or CoverGirl Swiss chocolate). Add golden reddish brown color on your outer V (MAC Mulch or Milani Java Bean). Then apply your highlight color under the brow bone. Add black eyeliner and mascara of your choice. For special occasion like wedding, I suggest you to put on false lashes to make your makeup different than your daily makeup.





For lips, whatever color that you want to wear, choose matte lipstick and top it with lipgloss.





As you see from above, I suggested some eyeshadow colors from MAC and also the dupes for those colors such as from NYX, CoverGirl and Milani which are cheaper than MAC.





hope that helps! :)Need wedding makeup help!?
Use a peach colored eyeshadow on the whole lid, black eyeliner on the top lid (very thin at the inner corner, thicker towards the outside extending just past the outer corner). You can add a little liner on the bottom if you're comfortable, but you can just as easily skip that part. Curl your eyelashes if you have a curler, swipe on 2 coats of mascara being sure to wiggle the brush back and forth at the lash line. A little bit of blush would be good for the photos - on the cheekbones and a tiny bit on your chin and the bridge of your nose (makes you look sunkissed - just don't overdo it!) And the red lips would be great.
I had a very similar situation some time ago. I had two big functions to attend in the span of two weeks and could barely afford a makeup artist for one let alone another.


I found this really great dvd course that was developed to teach beauty makeup for events like weddings, so they really cover photography and touch ups... It's so in depth and worth it cause the cost of the whole course was still way cheaper than one time with a makeup artist. Plus I figured I would never need to pay a makeup artist again.


It worked out so well, and the course teaches how to use the skill to make money, that now I'm actually working as a freelance makeup artist. Who would have thought?





Anyway my point is you know how you look good I would invest in learning how to apply makeup correctly, it's a worthy investment for now and later.





The one I found the best was The Event makeup artist but do some research and see what works for you.
uh...?


haha sorry but um are you asking what makeup to make it last long, because i think the makeup artist will help with that (:


natural brown eye makeup, muted eyeliner, peach blush, and pink OR red lips would look good (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration