Friday, December 11, 2009

Agh! Quick makeup help!?

lol, I had a feeling I'd end up on here asking this. I've gotten into makeup recently and my mom wants me to do some makeup on her tonight when I go over there. I am completely un-experienced when it comes to older women and makeup. She has shoulder length brown hair with some golden undertones, and very plain brown eyes. When I say plain, I mean that I got my dad's green eyes mixed with her brown, so I have flecks of green and gold. Hers are just brown.


As she is 55, she has some wrinkling around the eyes and I am worried about overdoing it. What would you guys suggest? I have pretty much every color under the sun in terms of eyeshadow and liner.Agh! Quick makeup help!?
I think it really depends on what she is wearing and how much makeup she wears on a regular basis. One thing about girls with brown eyes is that our eyes pretty much look good with any color eyeshadow.


It all depends on her skin coloring. Is her skin tone warm, cool, or neutral. If warm, she can go with a peach/copper/golden/bronze look. Cool tones look great with blues, lavender, etc. And neutral skin tones can wear either. With her golden brown hair, I bet she would look really good with warmer toned makeup.


Hope this helps!Agh! Quick makeup help!?
Stay away from using dark colors on older women. I would keep her face natural and apply a highlighter shadow under the eyebrows on the brow bown, a little on the cheeks, and a dab on her cupid's bow to highlight features on the face. Apply maybe a warm golden eyeshadow to her lids and blend. Finish with a few coats of mascara, a nice plum gloss on the lips and rosey cheeks.
My mum wears blue mascara and she's 60 :|





She also wearrs, lots of golds and bronzes (not WITH the blue mascara). Some pinks and corals, and occaisonally purples. She's quite tanned.
Ya it might be stressfull!!! lol sometimes i help my mom with her makeup too. i would suggest just using pretty natural colours so like a light pink,brown,green,gold,ect. ask her if she wants liner and if so then put a thin layer of brown. One coat of mascara would be good. and all the other stuff probably isnt nesscesarry but if you put lot of makeup on her eyes then she has to have a lipstick to balance it all out! u might have to experiment before you decide what would look good so just try different things and have fun! hope it helps good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration