Thursday, June 24, 2010

My teenage daughter + Makeup = Help?!?

So, recently my 14 year old teenage daughter started wearing makeup since she's entered Middle School. I can't tell you the name's of the makeup, but it's eye pencil with some lip gloss, and some other teenage goop. In the picture below, I wanted to have it in order from age (oldest to youngest) And I noticed she hoped in the front of the picture and wanted to be first! Despite being the middle child and should have in the middle. She's the one with the glasses on. I think her body language is showing me she's rebelling, and wanting to be the older sister and in charge here. Is this a sign of rebelling, wanting to act older, yes or no? Should I be worried?





http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu184…My teenage daughter + Makeup = Help?!?
You just posted pictures of your kid for thousands to see..... I'm more worried about you nowMy teenage daughter + Makeup = Help?!?
I think your daughter looks perfectly fine. Teenagers will have attitude, and there's nothing much you can do about it but just let them be and let them know how grateful you are to have them in your life. I myself being a teenager, know what it's like. The more your parent restricts you from something, the more they will want to do it. Have an open relationship with her, it's better to accept the things she does than to have her sneak around behind your back. It's a whole new generation, and things might not be the same from when you were a teenager.
I started wearing make-up when I was 12-13 and I'm a perfectly adjusted adult :). But I wore it as more of a way to fit in with my peers than to rebel against my parents. There are bigger things to worry about than makeup on a teenager. As the middle child, she is no doubt looking for more attention and trying to redefine her role or image of self-worth. Self esteem may be an issue, it certainly was for me at that age and I wasn't even a middle child.
She looks normal to me! Her younger sister looks like she has more ';attitude'; than she does! LOL It is not uncommon for the middle child to not want to have ANYTHING to do with the ';middle child'; label. Maybe that's why she forced her way to the head of the line.





The only ABNORMAL thing about her is how normal she does look. Most girls now are wearing make-up by 5th grade!!! It's crazy!
no, you shouldn't be worried. she is probably just your outgoing child compared to the rest. she just wants to be the center of attention. there is nothing to worry about until she gives you a good reason to be worried. like bringing home an older boy with tatoos. then you should have a talk with her.


just lighten up and give her a little space to find her place and originality.
No Offence but I don't see the big deal in Your Daughter wearing makeup. And I think, judging by the picture that she isn't trying to be the elder sister or rebelling. And your lucky to have a 14 yr old that doesn't wear 2 much makeup 'cause alot of 14 yr olds wear much more makeup that shes wearing! Good Luck!
she looks a little rebellious the way she is doing her mouth.. but whats the big deal about having to be in the middle. looking at those kinds of pictures i wouldnt think any of them were in the actual order they were born. make-up isn't such a bad thing if she doesnt over-do it. i think you're over-reacting a bit and i agree with the first answerer, you shouldnt have posted pictures of them on here.
Being the middle child can be hard.


The youngest needs the most babying,


and the oldest is your first born, first to do everything.





And don't sweat the makeup.


It's peeerfectly normal.


=)








Edit: And also, a boy from my school wears mulit coloured tight jeans, with a Hannah Montanna shirt. A BOY.
What?





This sounds a little ridiculous if you ask me





So she wanted to be the main focus of the picture? How is that rebelling? IF ANYTHING she wants more attention from you. But you are looking way to much into it





Secondly, what 14 year old girl doesnt want to start playing around with make-up?
I don't think you should be worried. In middle school I tried many different things to get attention, it's normal. As for the makeup, I think that is fine. Most girls start wearing a little bit of makeup (eyeliner, powder, lip gloss) when they enter middle school.
I think she just wants to act older, I think you should be worried to a point to be aware of the people she hangs out with. But besides that, if something happens in her social life, she can learn from her fortunes or misfortunes.
Try being more of a parent and understand her intentions. She is wearing make up so she can look nice and get attention from people who care about her. Try caring about her, and not being such a tightass and maybe you will have less problems with her.
you got to let her grow up some time but just make sure she doesnt where to much makeup and let her wear some if you loosen up on her she wont rebel as much when she gets older but im also not saying give her freedom just loosen the leash a bit
alot of teenagers are wearing makeup...... and ya, i dont think the picture was necessary... you have now showed a picture of you family for the world to see. you should take it off
Her hormones are definitely kicking in although usually it happens around 7th grade. Get ready for the worst. Besides she has to learn how to apply makeup sometime.
huh? what? calm down. Shes the typical teenage girl..you should expect this from at least one of your girls...it happens when they get in trouble or put on makeup ..its in their hormones lol


x]]]]
Lol my dad HATES when I wear make-up. Your daughter is only wearing make-up to look pretty for herself and others. I don't think you should be worried at all.
trying to look hot and being rebellious arent always they same thing. dont be the lame kind of mom. 14 isnt even young to start wearing make up rofl
i think it's ok to a center point,if she starts to dress sexy and show more skin and things like that then be worried
no u shouldnt be worried. im a teenager, i wear eyeliner, and mascara and stuff and im like an angel. haha
Shes just confident with the make up on. Let her be free.
i think i know her is she going to 8th grade?
Yeah, she looks like she has a little attitude brewing... but I don't really think it's wise to post pics of your kids online like that... just my opinion..
Hi


I checked out the picture and im a seventeen year old teen and In my opinion I really dont think her body language reads that she's rebelling. I know as parents, you guys really look at the details of a teens actions and sometimes reading into them too much can cause unnecessary stress. She seems to be a reserved girl in the picture just looking to have a little fun with the expression on her face..worrying about her body language in this picture is pointless b/c it could be interpreted many ways..maybe she was bored...maybe her stomach was hurting and she just didnt feel good...maybe she just decided spur of the moment to change her facial expression...you'll just never really know and honestly its nothing to worry about. :)





As a teen who does silly stupid things...you should just relax and not sweat the small stuff...im not telling you to back off..b/c maybe your daughter is trying to do different things that u wouldnt expect b/c she's trying to find out who she is and what she's comfortable with.





Just keep an eye on her and if u notice signs of behavior that you dont think is cool...then thats when you sit down with her, have a cool attitude, and ask her wassup, ask her how she's feeling, and let her know that you wont judge her b/c you were once a teen b4 and you understand the want to rebel or try things out.





hope this helps :)





btw...wearing make-up is fine..just make sure she isn't trying to look older and that she doesn't wear to much. Natural beauty is the best beauty :)
Most people are pissing me off about wearing makeup at around 12. What people don't notice is that we are maturing faster than our moms and dads. We watch MTV around the age of 11. Watch PG-13 movies around the age of 11. People are starting to date around the age of 10. I learned about boobs and sex at 7! This isn't the 90's anymore. This is the 21st century and we are maturing faster and faster.


So you know what I say, wear makeup! You should have been wearing makeup since 7th grade. WEAR MAKEUP!





Lost my temper there for a second :)





-This is how I put on makeup and I'm going into 7th grade.





-Put on moisturizer. If you have acne, put a big dot of moisturizer and a big dot of foundation on a circle/square makeup sponge and apply on face.


-Get liquid eyeliner and apply on upper lash line. This is called tight lining (you won't be able to find a youtube video about it). If it gets on your eyelid, then dip a q-tip in Pond's cold cream and put on lid. That's why you put the eyeliner on first, so your other eye makeup won't mess up. This will look like you are wearing eyeliner on the lid, but youre not which is great!


-Get a liquid foundation and put a big dot on each lid and on dark circles.Gently slide across on lid, use a rolling motion on circles, but don't make it go away.


-Get a concealer brush and blend in the rest of the foundation. This will give your eyes a lighter look.


-*OPTIONAL*Get MAC Studio fix powder and apply on lid with eye shadow brush.


-Get black eye kajal and waterline bottom 1/3 or 2/3 in. Waterline the top until your eyelashes stop. The top might be hard to waterline. Make sure you don't poke yourself!


-Get mascara and gently stroke lashes


-Get blush or bronzer. Apply on each cheek 3 times. Add a little on forehead, chin, and nose.


-Finish with light lip gloss!








Take good care of your skin. Don't sleep with makeup. Wash face with Clearasil face wash.
No you shouldn't be worried. I'm 13 and I wear tons of eye liner, eye shadow, cover-up and sometimes lipgloss. Everyone at school wears it, and it makes you look better. Maybe she relized, hmm, Make-up makes you look better. She isn't rebelling, but the little siblings like being first once in a while. Sometimes the older sibs are treated differently because they are oldest, and the parents take their side more maybe..? Just leave her alone.. Plus a lot of adults wear ';goop'; So it isn't ';teenaged'; its ';all-aged';.. Plus your daughter looks a lot prettier w/ the make-up! Hope I was of help! :] %26lt;3
She is about the right age for wanting to wear makeup. Most girls are going to experiment and wear it at some point. anyway. And it seems like they are starting younger. I have 12 yr old cousins who wear so much makeup - more than I ever do or did (and I am 26).





If wearing makeup and jumping in the front line of a picture is the worst that she has done, then consider yourself lucky :)





She is the middle child (like myself) so maybe she just wants some attention. Spend some 'me' time with each of your daughters. And listen and talk to her. Don't judge her for the makeup she wears. That doesn't give any clue of rebelling.





And anyway, most teenagers go through a difficult stage. I was very moody and difficult when I was about 16. I wasn't bad or into drugs or sex or anything. It's just something teens go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration