Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I need makeup help! Foundation looks cakey!?

Hi guys! Okay, so I am going to warn you, I've posted a picture but it is not a pretty sight, I have a bad cold right now. So please don't be mean! Only comment if you can give good advice!





I used to have bad cystic acne but since I switched to mineral makeup it's gone! I use Everyday Minerals. Problem is lately I've noticed that to get the proper amount of coverage I need the makeup winds up lookiny cakey, like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3547/3865鈥?/a>





Is there anything I can do to get the full coverage without looking cakey? Should I try a primer? I've tried a silicone based primer and it actually made me breakout!I need makeup help! Foundation looks cakey!?
You might be applying it too soon after a moisturizer, or waiting too little between coats when you're going for full-coverage? I wouldn't go for a primer if I were you.I need makeup help! Foundation looks cakey!?
moisturiser can act as a good primer to smooth your skin which might help the break out thing, or try other primers without silicone
try avon primer. its cheap (you know just n case you need to toss it) but it still works amazingly! and you dont look that bad, m'dear
what do u use to apply ur foundation?


maybe u should try a stiffling brush,


or maybe ur just applying too much foundation
Hey I use Everyday Minerals aswell. The good thing is Everyday Minerals offer 4 foundation formulas - Original glo, semi-matte, matte, and intensive. If your intensive formula I would suggest switching to a lesser one. If however your using lesser ones and still feeling cakey on the skin use a primer before you put your foundation on, MAC does a really nice ';Prep + Prime'; one or Smashbox does a similar one but more expensive. If the effect still persists then the last step would be to use MAC ';Fix+ Spray'; after you apply foundation to set it and lessen the cake-like effect, or before you but the foundation onto your brush. Hope this helps.
use a moisturizer with Salicylic Acid in it (clean and clear oil-free dual action moisturizer) it will actually help with your acne. make sure it's completely dry before you put on powder.





use a big fluffy brush to put on your powder so it's easier to blend





if you want to try a prime i suggest prime time face primer from bare escentuals. bare escentuals products are natural so it shouldn't aggravate your acne (but wash your face everyday, just in case) if you do decide to use it, put it on after your moisturizer is dry, and make sure the primer is dry before you put on powder.
no silicon!!!!!! chemicals like these will just make you break out more, same with products that have parabins, seed oils, etc. i know you want 2 cover up the acne but b4 u go caking it on try clearing it up. makeup just clogs your pores more and causes more breakouts. if you dont want 2 go without makeup which is understandable try this:


-use concealer and powder, foundation is the biggest way 2 get a breakout if u already have bad skin


- when u get home take your makeup off RIGHT AWAY and cleanse your skin


-use a mild clenser with some sylactic acid, i reccomend aveda ';outer peace'; line


-use a moisturiser! its a common myth that moisturising causes breakouts but if used once a day in a proper skincare routine i dosnt, try one that is speccifically made for acny prone skin. moisture is critical, because one of the reasons your makeup looks flaky is because its goiing on over dry skin which just irritates it more and causes redness


-try going without 2much face makeup whenever possible i know you hear it alot but less is more....i know this is really long but i hopw i could herlp,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration